In honor of Granny Day, and in the spirit of her warmth, charity and generosity, I happily announce my first giveaway!
I say “first” because, seriously, in working through my mother’s stash, it is clear that this give-away idea needs to become a regular event. I highly recommend subscribing to this blog so that you don’t miss any opportunities.
Rather than pre-select fabrics to give away, I wanted to make this an interactive activity and somewhat related to art therapy. Each person can earn up to 5 chances to win!
Here’s how to play. Choose a color and determine an emotion that you associate with your color right now. For instance, you might say “Orange, because it’s so happy,” or “Purple makes me nostalgic; it reminds me of my Aunt Lilah.” The giveaway prize will be based on this answer, so be sure to give it some thought.
When the winner is selected randomly, I will choose 3 pieces of fabric (and a few other goodies) in your color and mail them off to you. See? This way you have some control over what you receive in the giveaway! (Please note — fabrics have been pre-washed and ironed.)
To earn your five contest entries:
- Leave a comment on this blog entry telling us your color and emotion. Include your name/email address if you are commenting anonymously.
- Post a link to this contest on your blog, telling us your color and emotion. Be sure to link to this entry so that I can track it. If you don’t see your link posted below as a pingback, please email me and we’ll resolve it.
- Subscribers to this blog will find a secret contest entry phrase at the bottom of my RSS and email feeds for the next week. Send me an email with the subject “Giveaway Secret Phrase” and include the secret phrase in the body of your email along with your color and emotion. Find out how to subscribe here, if you haven’t already.
- If you’re on twitter, tweet about entering this contest. Say, “I’m entering to win _________ because it makes me feel _________. #turningturning.com” (without quotes, inserting your color and emotion in the blanks) so I’ll be able to find it.
- If you do all 4 of the above entries, you earn an extra “bonus” point! Send me an email with the subject line “Giveaway Bonus Point” and I’ll hit you up!
The contest will be open until 11:59 p.m. (US Pacific Time) on Tuesday, April 21, 2009. Good luck and spread the word! I’ve got a lot of fabric sitting around here and if this is successful, we’ll make it a recurring event.