I picked up my band sampler again last week, and scanned the list of embroidery stitches I intend to learn and/or practice. Not to be all emo-14-year-old, but the chain stitch jumped out at me as a nice way to reflect the experience of the past month.
I was surprised at how well the chain stitch handled curves, but a little disappointed in starts-and-stops. Still, I got good practice with it.
If you’re interested in giving chain stitch a try, here are some good tutorials:
- Mary Corbet‘s brilliant chain stitch video.
- Purlbee has good instructions with photos.
- Erika Kern shows you how on Craftystylish.
- Primrose Design teaches chain stitch and also twisted chain stitch.
- SharonB‘s instructions are excellent as always.
No related posts.